Q. Should I use Smart Search or a specific database?
Use Smart Search when you:
- don't have a lot of time to do your research
- just need enough information to get started
- want a wide variety of material types
- want to get a general sense of what the library has available
Use an individual database if:
- it's not included in the list of databases Smart Search includes
- you want to thoroughly research your topic using the sophisticated search techniques unique to a particular database.
- you want very recent information - sometimes there's a lag between publication and when an article is available through Smart Search.
Was this helpful? 0 0