Q. Students cannot view my iSpring presentations.
I can view my iSpring lectures without a problem, but some students have reported that they cannot view the presentations.
To quickly verify if there's an issue with the file playback, don't forget to use "Student Preview" to view the content as a student might. Read more about that function here.
iSpring presentations rely on support files on the backend of the course, and the lectures may not play if students do not have read access to your Content Collection.
Note: Granting students read access via these instructions does not allow them to access the Content Collection like you can, nor is it required in every course. These instructions are only applicable when encountering issues viewing iSpring presentations.
To assign Read permission within your Content Collection:
- Login to the course and navigate to Control panel > Content Collection > Course Number. This opens up the course's content collection:
- On the top of the page, click the small arrow next to the bolded course number, and then select Permissions:
- Click Select Specific Users by Place > Course:
- Locate the current course in the list and then select the box to the left of it. Most browsers will allow you to quickly search the page by pressing F3:
- Scroll down to Select Roles, select Student, and then press Submit:
Note: If you're still unable to view the presentations via Student Preview after trying these steps, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll work with you to troubleshoot.