Q. How do I use Turnitin to check a student's paper for plagiarism?
To check a paper for plagiarism, you will need to create a Turnitin assignment in Blackboard, which by default, will create you a Turnitin account. Then, you will be able to check a paper for plagiarism on the Turnitin website.
Next, navigate to the Turnitin website. Click Login, and then select Forgot your password. This should allow you to reset your password so you will be able to login directly to the Turnitin website.
After resetting your password and logging into the Turnitin website, you should then do the following steps:
- Click your name in the top left corner.
- Locate the Activate Quick Submit drop-down menu under Account Settings and select Yes.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page
- Press Quick Submit
- Press Submit and select the sources you want to compare the paper to.
- On the Submit Paper page, click browse to submit the paper and run it through the program.